Maintaining Your Dodge RAM 1500
One of the most important things any vehicle owner in Wichita, KS, can do to extend the life of their truck is to complete all required maintenance. This is not just when the vehicle is new; it is important throughout the life of the truck.
The Dodge RAM 1500 Wichita KS is designed as a truck built to work. It is also a great truck for driving in the city, and it requires only limited regular maintenance. New trucks have built-in sensors that alert drivers when maintenance is required. Dealerships also provide email or text message reminders that service is required.
The manual also provides information on the maintenance and service schedule for the vehicle. At each service interval, the technician will inspect vehicle systems.
The general maintenance schedule for a new Dodge RAM 1500 includes:
- 8000 miles – this is typically at or about 6 months, or whichever comes first. This is the first oil and filter change required for new trucks. Most truck owners also choose to rotate the tires. Additional checks of fluid levels are also recommended. Oil changes are completed with each subsequent service.
- 20,000 miles – this includes checking all brakes, front suspension, and all necessary adjustments made or parts replaced.
- 30,000 miles – inspection of axles, CV/Universal joints, and filter replacements in the cabin and engine
- 60,000 miles -fluids changed in the vehicle, including engine coolant as well as filters and brake check
- 100,000 – complete inspection and necessary adjustments, repairs, or replacements
The 120,000 and 150,000 mile inspections repeat the above, with additional inspections of the transfer case as needed based use of the Dodge RAM 1500. The Wichita, KS, dealership will ensure the necessary steps are completed at each service.